I remember it, but I didn't realize it was that long ago. You just made me feel old, because I remember seeing it when I had the *ist-D and counting back I realized I got that 16 years ago.

It was marketed that the TV camera clipped onto the view-finder in place of the eye-cup and when you held your camera overhead with a monopod, the little TV screen could be clamped onto the monopod to put it at eye level (not snarking this time).

IIRC, you used a long cable release to fire the shutter.

I thought about getting one, but IIRC they didn't have a version that would fit onto the *ist-D eyepiece. Already back then Pentax wasn't being supported by third party vendors.