Mark Roberts wrote:

> Ah, you mean this: http://www.steves-digicams.com/dpotd/jun2002/06102002.jpg

Yeah, somehow "Ottawa Tulip Festival" didn't quite fit the
ensuing comments :-)

> I've seen stunt riders do this for over a hundred yards and then put the
> wheel back down. This guy is clearly one of them (notice the bach plate
> bolted on the exhaust under the engine) and knows what he's doing.

There's a somewhat famous guy (whose name escapes me, of course)
who's appeared at several AMA Superbike races over the last couple
of years. In addition to "wheelies," he also does "stoppies --
the front-wheel equivalent of this -- with one, two, and sometimes
three other people aboard. Helps satisfy the natural human desire
to look at somebody doing something and be able to say,
"Wow! That guy's *nuts*!"

Mark, help me out if you can. What's his name?

Stephen