Bob, are you able to upload a pic from the camera through your PC storage?
I used to upload from a onedrive map but that no longer works, whereas looking in the browser on the PC the + widget is missing. Along with the new buttons for adds and tiktok type videos, instagram wants to get rid of serious photographers (like me:)).

Henk