I started with a Pentax because an engineer with Cable and Wireless had a
Spotmatic, and said it was the best camera he'd ever owned: he loaned it to me
for a week and I was hooked. Arranged with a friend travelling home via
Singapore to get one for me, but couldn't stretch to a Spottie, so opted for an
SV.  Since then, except for one period with a Fujica (ST5n ?) after my SV kit
was stolen, have stayed with Pentax, although I also have a Rolleicord for 6x6,
and a Fed4 rangefinder when noise would be an issue.
Sitting in the cupboard are several Spotties, another SV, K2DmD, ME, Super
program, and still in regular use an *ist-D as well as my daily K5ii - and an
MZ-S for film.  Lenses for M42 from 18 to 500mm, and for M or K-mount from 16
to 400, so I'm not going to switch any time soon, as the key thing for me is
that every Pentax I've ever owned has been an improvement on the last and just
worked for me - and the glass is so good.

John in Brisbane