the turkey necks will work just fine :-)
and I wanted a turkey neck and couldn't get one!

ann

On 11/25/2020 6:06 PM, John wrote:
I'm going to try to make "stock" for a cooking base for soups and sauces.

I couldn't find the recommended chicken necks & backs (didn't look too hard, Wegmans's didn't have them) so I got two turkey necks.

I had carrots & celery on hand. No onions, but shallots are basically onions, so I used them. No sage, but I got rosemary & I have parsley, so that's gonna be it.

In the crock pot on low with enough water to cover it.

I also picked up a jar of pre-made turkey gravy with the lowest sodium content I could find.

We'll see.

Happy American Thanksgiving y'all.

--
ann sanfedele photography