On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 01:24:27PM -0500, Igor PDML-StR wrote:

> Larry, while I love California and over the years we've enjoyed most of its
> wine regions, this particular wine appears to be available in TX stores:
> https://specsonline.com/shop/wine/beringer-sonoma-pinot-noir/
> (This is a TX analogue of BevMo)

I love living in California!

Admittedly growing up in the UK wasn't bad - French wines were available
in the stores at reasonable prices.  I acquired a taste for Burgundies
(and especially Nuits St. Georges - my best experience was spotting a
bottle of the 1969 vintage mixed in with (and priced as) a shelf full
of the 1970s at an off-licence (US: liquor store) when I stopped off
on my way to a party to pick up something.

When I moved out to California I soon found the Sonoma Pinots (and, in
particular, those from the Carneros sub-region) were more to my taste
than those from Napa.  But perhaps a decade ago I came across the Santa
Lucia Highlands wineries, and in particular Morgan Winery.

Mind you, it's hard to go wrong anywhere on the California or Oregon
coast if you're looking for Pinots.