> On Dec 26, 2020, at 9:37 AM, Ralf R Radermacher <fotor...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Am 26.12.20 um 17:12 schrieb l...@red4est.com:
>> https://petapixel.com/2020/12/24/adobe-lightroom-v6-is-falling-apart/?
>>
>> LR6 is breaking
>
> So, the crashes can be avoided by setting the system clock to a date
> before November 2020? That would mean they've sold us a perpetually
> licensed product with a built-in expiration date right from the start.
> If that isn't wilful deceit, I don't know what is.
>
> Is there a doct... errmm... a lawyer in the room? Doesn't this call for
> one of those famous class action lawsuits which appear to be quite
> popular in the U.S.?

Far as I'm concerned, Lightroom 6 was dead officially when Adobe announced that
you could only buy it via subscription. Various bits and pieces had stopped
working while the core worked until macOS Catalina shipped, then it would no
longer load at all.

I moved to LR Classic after trying a couple of other 'replacements' … LR works
better than most others in the genre. But i'll find a good replacement and
treat Adobe the same way I treat Microsoft products: "Not allowed on my
computer." :)

—
No matter where you go, there you are.