> On Dec 26, 2020, at 11:30 AM, Ralf R Radermacher <fotor...@gmx.de> wrote:

> My main problem is that neither LR nor ON1 or DxO offer some kind of
> fine-tunable sharpening of the output image at the usual screen
> resolutions. Loads of options for various printers and papers while I'd
> be quite happy with a simple slider for sharpening.

Hmm. I have no issues with the LR Classic sharpening tools. They seem
reasonably fine grained and allow me to get what I want on any number of
display sizings as well as printing sizes and papers. By and large, I actually
find myself using very little sharpening, or reducing the default sharpening
applied to get the look I want.

The bigger issue with sharpening is that there are a bunch of different display
sizings and resolutions: any sharpening for a particular display is almost
guaranteed to be off for any other, slightly different display. I don't know of
any tools that will allow the kind of dynamic sharpening required for
distributing a photo that will be displayed on many different displays with
equal quality.