John,

It will probably end up like disc, 110, and other formats.

I, too, have used APS. I have used the N**** Pronea APS SLR. It hase
autofocus (of course) and uses interchangeable lenses, albeit only zooms. I
was very impressed with the photos got with the camera but at the same time
wouldn't dream of owning this camera.

Looks like it's been discontinued already so I doubt other makes will soon be
turning out APS SLR's. There's just very little market for them.

However, for someone like my wife's cousin who owns the camera, it's a nice
introduction to manual focusing (you can switch between man/auto), fill
flash, and experimenting with composition at different focal lengths. She
loves that camera, so for her it's a really good fit. It's a step up from
point and shoots and more user-friendly than a true SLR.

-Brendan