Thanks Bob!

As I responded to Daniel, my favorite Japanese restaurant is actually much
nearer to me, just a mile or two up El Camino Real towards Sunnyvale. But there
are a couple of Japanese and Korean places in Japan town that are also great.

Much of the surrounding area about Japan town has been there since the 1920s or
so and there are a few examples of the Streamline Moderne architectural style
there and in the surrounding areas. Some areas are more modern construction
('50s to '80s), some with a few facelift renovations, and then on top of that
there's a lot of new, modern building going on in the eastern part of the area
just a couple of blocks from the central streets where I took these photos.
It's quite a nice, lively, varied community!

There are some very nice lofts a block or two from this area that were
converted from an old Campbell's Soup Company building. I nearly bought one of
them when that was done in the early '00s. Should have: they're selling now for
three to four times what they were then. Oh well, another missed opportunity.

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List