Sorry if you get this twice.  Looks like the Mailman software didn't like
my message the first time I sent it. .

Alright, it looks like reserving cabins at any State park anywhere is fine,
so long as we don't need it before 2022.  Plan B: The Potomac Appalachian
Trail Club maintains several cabins along the AT, which can be reserved up
to 60 days in advance.  There is availability for many of the cabins for
the weekend of June 4/5, but I wouldn't expect them to last long.  I  am
unavailable the next weekend, June 11/12.  Any weekend after that is fine,
though.  I've compiled a list of cabins that have all of the following:
running water, indoor toilets, electricity, and parking at the cabin.  I'm
ok with hiking in or using an outhouse, but I don't want to assume anyone
else is.  So I'm playing it safe here.  This list is in roughly north to
south order.
Gypsy Spring
Little Cove
Highacre
Glass House
Horwitz
Lambert
Huntley
Old Rag
Cliff's House
Dunlodge

You can see details and some photos by going to
https://www.patc.net/PATC/Cabins/Where_They_Are/PATC/Cabins/Where_They_Are.aspx
and clicking on the interactive map.  If we can get a few people
interested, and can agree on a weekend and maybe a preferred cabin and an
alternate or two, I'd be happy to try my level best to get us a
reservation.  They require Friday and Saturday nights, but we can add
Thursday and/or Sunday if we want.  We'll divvy up the rate once we're sure
who's going and how long we're all staying.  Anyone traveling through or
near Harrisburg is welcome to ride down with me.  I can probably take 2
others, allowing room for groceries, coolers, liquor, luggage, and cameras.

Anyway, if this looks interesting to anyone, I'm in.  I am also open to
other suggestions.

--
Scott "the keeper of the banner" Loveless
Camp Hill, PA  USA