Its hard to beat GFM for its incredible photogenic areas.  I do think
however, that Big Bend National park in southwest Texas is pretty
incredible, with its crazy scenic vistas, wildlife, and amazing dark
night skies.  Arches national park in Utah is also mind blowingly
beautiful, as well as other parks in Utah.  All of these sites
however, are going to be hot for the summer and they would be much
nicer in late fall.

--R

--
  "I think my ex-wife has weekly lessions with the Devil on how to
   be more evil.  I don't know how much she charges him."  - Emo Philips