I could be wrong, but I think for those developing countries, digital is
still way too far away. Of course, one might have no trouble to purchase
some nice equipments and print their own pictures at home. But this is
applicable to the rich developed countries mainly, if not only. For the rest
of the world, people are stuck with film based stuffs. Besides, if everyone
were printing their own pictures, there might have been too many movements
for us to live peacefully because there would have been too many people out
of job. The only winners would be those giant companies, and everyone else
just suffered.  :(

regards,
Alan Chan