On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 11:02 PM Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

> > On Nov 16, 2021, at 8:42 PM, Corey Leopold <cleopol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So I just ordered one, with a free battery grip, had been thinking for a
> > while about pulling the trigger and upgrading from my now pretty old K5,
> > and saw that they had early Black Friday specials going on with the free
> > grip and couldn't resist.
>
> Congrats.  I’m envious.  Is yours the first 3-iii on the list?
>

> > I know an articulated screen is one of the "missing" features I'm sure I
> > can make do without it, but I noticed that in theory one can see the live
> > view and trigger the shutter from the image sync app on their phone,
> seems
> > like that could solve 90% of the use cases an articulated screen does
> > without the added physical complexity on the camera.
>
> I find that the articulated screen on my K-1 is nice, but there haven’t
> been many situations (I can’t think of any off hand) where I could not have
> gotten by with just the live view.  It just makes it a little bit more
> comfortable, but it’s not as big of a difference as live view or not.

Where I have been using live view most recently is with a 10x neutral
density filter.  It is near impossible to see through it in the viewfinder,
and I find it under meters by 3 or 4 stops.  But with live view it can see
through and the metering is fine.  Only issue then is the LCD screen isnt'
so bright and can be hard to see in bright sunlight where I'm most likely
to use such a filter.  So I kind of hope the k3 LCD is brighter, or lacking
that use the sync app to see live view.

Corey

--
Check out my Photo Stream at: