Corey...
I said earlier I took my Mom the San Antonio in 1974 around CHristmas... (She was living in Houston then ) I found my travel journal and it turns out it was 1976 (still before that tall Marriot was there)

My aunt had a friend who had recommened accomodations.. this is what I wrote inmy notes "The motel-hotel Ethel's friend recommended was very handsome, Spanish style & [our room]  looked out on the canal called the San Antonio river. We are on the first floor, a few feet higher than the river walkway."

It was not like me to not mention the name of the place.. does it ring any bells with you?

Glad your photo got me to thinking about this  - I enjoyed reading my journal of that trip

ann