Some do bike, and run, to the top of the volcano, which is a bit over
10,000 ft asl.  That does not compute with my 80 year old body!
I might consider biking down the volcano, however.  My son and I have done
that twice, and it is a pleasant and thrilling ride, passing through
several different climate zones.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery