I' m actually a flat lander too, Henk  I grew up on the Shores of Lake Michigan, in Chicago, Illinois -  there is a huge portion of the USA that is flat though it is a few hundred feet above sea level.  living in New York City, though we can get to fairly substantial rises  by car in a couple of hours drive,
and the city itself has some nice rocky places..

But my parents and I did a lot of travelling around North America - I always though living in Europe where the distances between countries were rather like our distances between states that you could more frequently visit varying landscapes and altitudes and styles of living and would do so.. and therefore while your immediate neighborhood is flat, I though you would have been to places with more dramatic physical geography / geology at
some point.

ann