----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Stenquist
Subject: Re: Pentax lenses vs. the world?

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
>  but of the K mount MF lenses sold in NA,
> > probably over 90% were 50mm.
>
> That is obviously not true. A brief scan of Pentax lenses
available on
> ebay demonstrates how ludicrous this remark is.

I wouldn't be so sure. I sold cameras for nearly 6 years from
1985 to 1991. We moved a hell of a lot of Super Programs, and
Program Plus'. We sold a lot of 50mm f/1.7 lenses. We didn't
carry any other Pentax lenses. We sold a lot more off brand
zooms than anything else. In that 6 years, I only special
ordered 2 Pentax lens, which were an A 50mm f/1.2 and an A
70-210 f/4.

William Robb