> On Sep 6, 2022, at 7:08 PM, Rick Womer <rickpic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It happened again.
>
> Yesterday I took the K-5 and 50-200 for a walk around the neighborhood. I
> took about 50 shots.
>
> As soon as I got home, I removed the card from the camera, put it into the
> reader, and loaded the photos into Lightroom.
>
> I ejected the card, but did not erase it. Before I went down to prepare and
> eat dinner I started a Time Machine backup to an external drive used only for
> that purpose; and when that was complete I launched a Backblaze backup.
>
> I worked on the photos in LR after dinner, and worked up 9 of them to be
> posted as PESOs.
>
> This evening, I went to post the PESOs. Lightroom now has a little box with
> an exclamation point in it for every single photo, and yesterday’s backups
> (which I watched until they were complete) are not visible either on my
> backup drive or in Backblaze.
>
> I’ve been using the same system since 2005, with no previous problems; and
> now it has screwed up twice in the past week, and 3 times in the last few
> months.
>
> Any thoughtful ideas will be much appreciated.

Are they still on the card?

Have you searched your harddrive for any of the specific files?

When you run the lightroom “find all missing files” function, what happens?
Are more files missing?

Is there any chance the drive they were copied to got unplugged?

When I read files into lightroom, I have it automatically make a short term
backup to a scratch disk.  Every few months I’ll go through and clean that up,
after I’ve made my three backups.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com