> On Sep 16, 2022, at 4:35 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> I'm re-reading /Halting State/ by Charles Stross. Right up front are the
> "acknowledgements" and whose name should appear but our own Larry Colen.

Yeah, I was one of his friends that would read and comment while he was writing
it. I know him from the same online community where I met Nolan.

It was awesome when his first novel, Singularity Sky was published, I picked up
a copy and after I finished it sent him a note that I enjoyed it.  He responded
that he had just finished the draft of the sequel, and was I interested in
reading it.  Talk about instant gratification and not having to wait a couple
years between releases.

> PS: *NEVER* go shopping on an empty stomach. Stopped by Costco on the way
> home from the dentist to pick up some cheese (they have my favorite REALLY
> sharp cheddar)

Which one?  I just made a grilled cheese with their Coast Cheddar.

> ... and walked out with a 27" iMac.

Conga rats!

> Anyone know where I might find an old version of PhotoshopCS6 Extended
> Edition for Mac? I am NOT going to install Lightroom or Photoshop
> ransomware/extortionware edition.

What OS is yours running?

> I want an actual licensed stand-alone version.

I can empathize, recently gave in on that battle.  I updated my mac pro to
mojave and that broke it on LR 6, so I tried LRC, and that wouldn’t work on
Mojave, so I had to hack it to install Catalina.   Monday evening I got home
and it booted up into the OS installation screen.  My system drive had gotten
overwritten.  Fortunately my home directory was on another drive.

I bought a replacement for the boot drive, the first step is going to try to do
a time machine restoration onto the new drive.  Then I’ll need to figure out
what to do for a new box for photo processing.  I expect that there should be
some wicked fast desktop machines based on new processors coming out soon.

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List