I dunno. Art remains art. An "AI" is just another constructed thing by which
humans have extended their abilities to influence and manipulate the world we
live in. We already use automatons to assemble our cars, our toys, our cameras,
and run a lot of our essential infrastructure. There's really little difference
between what is Art directly created by human hands and Art that is indirectly
created by the minds that humans embue their machines with.

Until a definitive test of what constitutes machine intelligence exists, and
until machines can reliably and consistently pass that test, any Art is the
result of human artiface and mind regardless of whether it is directly or
indirectly created.

If you want to put a simple limitation on "what is art" to say that it must be
made by human hands, well, that is just fine … but most photographs will then
be marginally not-art since we already rely upon a whole range of machines, of
varying levels of "intelligence", to produce our photographs.

—
Godfrey DiGiorgi - godfreydigio...@me.com - 408.431.4601

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
--Mark Twain

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List