On 2/28/2023 6:46 PM, Rick Womer wrote:
Bill, I shoot DNGs with Adobe RGB color space. Adobe is using ProPhoto RGB.

Rick
That's pretty much what I do, but I set to sRGB because the raw file doesn't care, but I get one more letter for filename customization.
ProPhoto is the widest gamut available, sRGB is the smallest.

See:
https://learn.zoner.com/srgb-prophoto-rgb-and-more-do-you-know-your-color-spaces/

ProPhoto handles cyan much better. That being the opposite of red, reds benefit. Of course, when we convert to sRGB, all that nice cyan information is gone and the reds saturate and block up and all seem to be the same shade.
And that is why the red flower needed a little help for the web.

At least, that's what I understand how it works.

bill
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List