> On 19 Apr 2023, at 18:56, mike wilson <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

>> On 19/04/2023 14:59 coll...@brendemuehl.net wrote:
>> In Sept we’re going to Yellowstone for 1 week followed by the Grand Canyon
>> for another week.
>> At least with digital I don’t have to worry about running out of film. (Just
>> battery life.) Except for the 6x7. At 10 shots per roll one must be
>> judicious.
>> So the question is: What should I shoot? Not just the same things that a
>> million other tourists have shot, that’s for certain.
>
> Nude selfies.
> --

Oh dear, I hope it doesn’t come to that.

I remember reading something about a million years ago by one of the Magnum or
Nat Geo photographers who described what they did when they were photographing
a place that’s been done to death already. He would buy a load of postcards
which showed the classic views, and spend a day or two going to those places,
photographing them, and getting them behind him, out of the way. Then he could
start looking at what’s in between them, that the tourists etc don’t look at.

You can also make an effort to look at the stale subjects with a different eye.
My favourite example of this is a photo of the Taj Mahal by Steve McCurry, to
which I provide a broken link in an attempt to stop the server from blocking
this email:

htt
ps://static.nationalgeographic.co.uk/files/styles/image_3200/public/21246.webp?w=430&h=323&q=100

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List