I think that the serape of snark is large enough to cover more than one person
in this discussion.

I have noticed that when there is something that doesn’t appeal to a particular
person, they tend to pronounce that it is useless, without considering that it
could be a perfect fit for someone else.

I think that it is kind of silly for someone to buy a brand new film camera
when perfectly servicable ones are practically being given away.  I personally
bought several when I got back into photography because I wanted the lens that
came with it.  I honestly lost count of the number of spotties languishing in
my drawers, just because I wanted the 50/1.4 supertak that was attached to them.

However, if Ricoh can start getting some cash flow by leveraging the basic guts
of an incipient film SLR by putting together a simple rangefinder camera, more
power to them.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com  sent from ret13est