If you've been using an older version of Lightroom for your rendering work,
the current offering is Lightroom Classic for the same workflow and image
storage (local storage centric) features. Lightroom and Lightroom Mobile use a
cloud-based storage mechanism as primary. I don't use Adobe's cloud at all, so
I've never used them.

Before Lightroom, I used Photoshop for all my rendering work. Since LR came
out, I've used it less and less to the point where I have not even installed it
on my system for at least eight or nine years.

Photoshop Elements is a simplified, reduced feature version of Photoshop. I've
never used it; I tried it once and found the 'simplified' user interface very
off-putting. It is a standalone app and, for me, irrelevant.

The photographer's bundle of Lightoom and Photoshop for $10 per month (with NO
cloud storage addendum) includes access to both LR and LR Classic, Photoshop,
Bridge, Premiere Rush, Character Animator, UXP Developer Tools, and a beta Aero
apps. I pay for this subscription but only install Lightroom Classic. Given how
much I use it, $10/month is a reasonable deal for that. I guess I could install
Photoshop if I felt I really needed it, but that hasn't happened.

I've been on this subscription since the beginning of 2019 and it has worked
well and consistently, overall, and it keeps up to date with new features and
developments at no additional charge.

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List