First, thanks to everyone who responded. All very helpful.

> On Jun 10, 2023, at 10:36 AM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godfreydigio...@me.com> wrote:
>
> - Photos is pervasive throughout Apple's OS ecology, provides excellent image
> management capabilities, and RAW Power is a companion app that gives much
> greater access to user control of Apple's image management underlying
> frameworks. It's also available on all Apple OS platforms.
>
> I'm most impressed with RAW Power used in conjunction with Photos … I could
> actually make that my only image management system for macOS, iOS, and
> iPadOS, and dispense with the Adobe, Affinity, and Snapseed software
> entirely. There's no real issue with doing that, just a bit of work to
> re-organize my photographic storage and learn fully the use of Photos and RAW
> Power, but the cost of the Adobe and other software is low enough that I've
> been too lazy to be bothered doing that thus far. :) …  It is, however, a
> good alternative app suite for my needs, should I decide to go that way.

That said, this almost convinces me to go with Photos, which I have been using
exclusively in processing my iPhone photos. And I will continue to do so going
forward, at least for my iPhone photos, and possibly even with photos created
with a camera. (I still have two, both Fuji, And I’m tempted by the X-E4, for
which I have one excellent lens.)

But I still have tons of photosβ€”well, not tons compared to you guys πŸ€ͺβ€”that have
been processed and organized with Lightroom. I would want local storage, which
means the Classic bundle, though it’s very unlikely that I’d use anything but
Lightroom. But I believe it is $20  month.

Again, thanks to everyone who responded.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@comcast.net

β€œ...permanent doubt, the deep source of science.”

- Carlo Rovelli
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List