> On 26 Jul 2023, at 22:20, Stanley Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info> wrote:
>
> […]
> I do not want to synch my images to Adobe Cloud, I just want to manage my
> backing up and exporting/sharing on my own.

Then you can’t use LR CC, simple as that. You’ll need to find something else to
edit and render your photos on the move.

> I tried on one trip, based in part on your positive experience Bob. I used
> the Adobe system, created albums of 4-6 images, retrieved the web address,
> shared those albums via WordPress entries. OK so far. But then I got home,
> tried to put all the images from the trip on my local storage directly from
> SD cards, merging with downloads of the ones I had shared already, and wound
> up with a confusing mess.

You could make the argument that software developers should support the actual
processes that people want to use, and many of them do a lot of ethnographic
research to support that. However there’s always going to be a limit to what
can be done.

With LR I’ve tried to understand the process they support, and use that, the
line of least resistance, rather than try to force it to do things my way.
Again, there’s a limit and if software is too different from my approach I
don’t use it.

In the case you’ve outlined I’d import everything from the SD card into LR on
my phone or iPad and do whatever work I need there. Back at home I’d just let
it sync with the classic version on the desktop in the way Adobe designed it
rather than try to import into the desktop version from the storage devices and
merging as you’ve described.

The second half of this link, which I’ve mangled to try and bypass the PDML’s
guard dogs, has an explanation.

< helpx.adobe.com/uk/

 lightroom-classic/how-to/sync-photos-lightroom-mobile.html >

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List