> On Oct 22, 2023, at 9:56 PM, Brendan MacRae <bpmac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Very cool! Such fun little cars.

Did you notice who the older man was in the two photos with the Mk II?

> I work at Mini Mania so it’s a career with me, too. All cars, all the time.

Not far from Dave Bean, who got a fair bit of my money when I was racing a
Cortina.

How long have you been there?  I gained a bit of notoriety sometime around
1986, I went to one of their swap meets in San Jose, bought a 40 DCOE,
installed it in the parking lot then drove home.

 A friend of mine in San Jose is trying to sell her late husbands frogeye
project car that he bought when he was in high school >40 years ago and it has
been garaged since.  In some ways frogeyes are really nice (if you upgrade all
of the mechanicals), but I think my favorite is the Mk II.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com.   sent from Mirkwood

--