On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 10:22:03PM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:

> > On Oct 22, 2023, at 9:56 PM, Brendan MacRae <bpmac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Very cool! Such fun little cars.
>
> Did you notice who the older man was in the two photos with the Mk II?
>

> > I work at Mini Mania so it???s a career with me, too. All cars, all the
> > time.
>
> Not far from Dave Bean, who got a fair bit of my money when I was racing a
> Cortina.
>
> How long have you been there?  I gained a bit of notoriety sometime around
> 1986, I went to one of their swap meets in San Jose, bought a 40 DCOE,
> installed it in the parking lot then drove home.
>
>  A friend of mine in San Jose is trying to sell her late husbands frogeye
> project car that he bought when he was in high school >40 years ago and it
> has been garaged since.  In some ways frogeyes are really nice (if you
> upgrade all of the mechanicals), but I think my favorite is the Mk II.

Talking of Sprites ...

A couple of days ago I spotted this one parked in a driveway a bock or so away
from my house.
As soon as I got home and unloaded the shopping I picked up my camera and
strolled back there.

   https://www.panix.com/~johnf/temp/BugEye.jpg

It turns out that it's owned by a guy even closer to where I live - on the next
street over!
I'd actually stopped by to talk to him some years ago when I'd spotted him
working on another
car in his driveway (I don't remember exactly what).
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List