The list software may have ideas of its own.

When I was subscribed to the list using my Earthlink email address I'd regularly get blocked by the SPAM Blacklist software y'all subscribed to.

Some "business" customer of Earthlink would SPAM & the server node would get blacklisted ... then MY posts would get rejected if my outgoing mail happened to hit the same server node.

Earthlink's "technical support" /s couldn't do anything about it.