I don't know what a "normal video connection is".

A new Mac mini cpu configured with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD drive and delivered
with Logic Pro installed is approx $1200. It has an HDMI port to drive video
output, so any display with an HDMI input is usable, and any
keyboard/mouse/trackpad input device with Bluetooth, USB-A, or
USB-C/Thunderbolt outputs will be useable.

I would spend the extra couple hundred $ and go with 1TB SSD because sound and
video manipulations generally consume a lot of disk space. External drives for
extended storage with USB-C connection are best, and are reasonably inexpensive
for capacities of 4 to 6 TB.

Apple systems are generally supported for about 5-6 years of macOS revisions,
so that gives your daughter a computer she can rely upon for an entire
University degree program, rather than buying an old system that will go out of
date and not be upgradable to the next revision of the apps/macOS she needs.

(This is pretty much precisely what my partner and I gifted our niece with over
the Summer because she is starting her University degree program as well. We
went with a MacBook Air laptop, though, because she needed/wanted mobility use,
which added a bit to the cost. Call it $1900, and that of course includes the
display and keyboard in the unit rather than having to purchase them
separately. She'll use it for the entirety of her degree program, so $500 per
year if it was then just tossed into the garbage (which it won't be), so that's
really not a lot for an essential part of a modern student's annual University
budget.)

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List