Am 01.10.24 um 16:31 schrieb mike wilson:
So, bearing in mind that I am looking primarily at an Apple Mac mini MMFJ3B/A,
some questions:
Will this cope?
The processor power will be quite sufficient, whereas 8 GB RAM is the absolute minimum and bear in mind that there's no way of extending it later.
Fairly sure she will have to use some form of external drive for storage.

Most probably.

Does Apple use normal video connections, such that I can attach a non-Apple
monitor?

This Mac Mini has a HDMI port and will work with any monitor with a HDMI input.

Will any bluetooth keyboard/mouse work - can I use a cabled one?

Any as in a non-Apple keyboard? No idea. Never tried it. Any cabled USB mouse should work.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com