Hi Wendy,

thanks for your reply. There's an explanation of gamma here:
http://www.bberger.net/gamma.html

In short, it's one of the methods used to try and get images produced
on one system to look the same on a different system. Looking at the
scans on my PC without changing the gamma makes them seem very dark.
1.8 is the rule-of-thumb setting for PC monitors.

What do you mean by 'milky'. NB. This is not an attempt to produce a
scan optimised for web use. It's just a rough example of the output
from the Konica system, and a chance to show off a couple of photos.
In going straight from a 40Mb file to about 60Kb there's a huge loss
of quality, particularly without putting in any work to improve it.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]