----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Smekal
Subject: LX Unsharpness (2)

> Hi guys, thanks for all the clever and helfull advice.
> Just one more clue for those who are still interested:
>
> The unsharpness increases uppwards in the viewfinder, i.e.
while the image
> is sharp in the lower part it is unsharp in the upp half.
> Does that indicate problem with mirror alignment?

Check to see if the screen is properly mounted, but most likely
it is the rubber mirror rest that is either missing, turned to
goop, or otherwise out of position.
Rob Studdert has information about the mirror rest on his
website. I made my own one time out of a bit of motorcycle inner
tube. It worked perfectly for years, then fell out and was lost.

William Robb