Peter,

I bought an LX and discovered alignment problems.
I had the mirror bumper changed and didn't let the local shop do much else.
Several months later, I had sticky mirror syndrome and sent it to Pentax.

I don't think you are going to avoid a CLA on that LX.
The mirror movement is complicated (watch it closely!).
It is not just a simple swinging motion from a single hinge point.
You have problems with where the mirror is coming to rest.
And you will have more problems in a short while if you correct just this one.

Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Hi guys, thanks for all the clever and helfull advice.
 Just one more clue for those who are still interested:

 The unsharpness increases uppwards in the viewfinder, i.e. while the image
 is sharp in the lower part it is unsharp in the upp half.
 Does that indicate problem with mirror alignment?  >>