In a message dated 7/3/2002 2:57:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> You're right, of course, about the fact that it's really the responsibility
> of the customer to read the status indicator on the cartridge.  I wasn't
> aware -- until list members pointed it out in their replies -- that these
> cartridges even had human-readable indicators.  I agree that the customer
> really needs to take responsibility for identifying the status of his/her
> rolls.

This is exactly right and it hits particularly close to home.  Over the
weekend I picked up a couple of rolls of (I thought) normal color prints from
the Walgreens drugstore close to home and who usually do an acceptable job.
When I got home I was appalled that one of the rolls had a heavy blue/green
tint on it.  I took it back the next day for them to reprint and color
correct.  I was polite, but then shocked when the clerk pointed out that it
was slide film (Sensia II) that had been misprocessed.  At first I was upset,
but then I realized it was ultimately my responsibility for submitting the
wrong film.  It would have been helpful if the clerk had noticed, but it was
still my responsibility.  I will be more careful in the future.  Luckily I
was able to scan the prints, adjust the tint, and make kinda acceptable
prints from the misprocessed film.

Jerry in Houston