The lab should have recognized the E-6 film. You just dropped it off for
processing. They should know how to process it.
    On the other hand, E-6 film is sometimes "cross processed" in C-41
chemistry for effect. I've done it once or twice and have been pleased
with the results -- for what they were. Of course you wouldn't want to
do it with skin tones or anything else that demands accurate color. But
it can be fun. Here's a cross-processed Velvia shot that I posted to the
PUG a while back:
 http://pug.komkon.org/01oct/helleng.html