If only!!!

The answer is - a black 77 ltd!

Man every body gotta feel a limited lens to experience pure lust!

I was amazed how small the box was, and then how small the lens was, and
then how heavy and SOLID it felt.  That beuatiful silky smooth surface,
wonderful manual focussing action, the soft fit lens cap, the built in
hood.  This thing belongs in an art gallery or a museum as much as it
belongs on a camera!  It just seems like a solid lump of glass with just
the thinnest of housings rather than the bulky plastic jobbies we
normally see.  Holding it and looking at it was almost like foreplay!

I strapped it on last night and the view is bright and sharp and the
bokeh looks absolutely wonderful in the viewfinder.  I need to finish
the film today so that I can get it developed before Duxford as I dont
want to lose all the incriminating photos of the PDMLers should the lens
have some problem, heaven forbid.

One thing I was unsure about, how well does the lens cap stay on in a
bag?  I guess it is OK, its just that I am used to caps that click on.
Also, I havent had time to put the UV filter on - will this obstruct the
lens hood?  I am sure the polariser will as its a bit wider.  This may
make the hood a little impractical, but I love the idea anyway!!
Perhaps they should have put the filter thread on the hood rather than
the lens barrel?

Its funny, I never understood why people said the MZ bodies felt too
light or flimsy before, but with this lens mounted, anything shy of the
MZ-S suddenly seems cheap.  This is not a bad thing, its just that the
lens outshines the plastic bodies soo much that it shows them up.

I think the silver looks even more special unmounted, but while I dont
mind a black lens on the 'half-chrome' bodies, chrome lenses on a black
MZ-S look naff.

Thanks again to Peter who got this beauty from Japan for me, I recommend
everyone on the list using his services, and I now know just what they
should buy from him!  Now I must try to avoid seeing anyones 43 or 31 at
the weekend...

Rob