Francis Alviar wrote:
Now where are those reviews for the Pentax KX.......

Francis,
I'm one of the members of the unofficial KX Fan Club. Have you checked the
PDML archives at http://www.mail-archive.com/pentax-discuss%40pdml.net/ ?
There were quite a few positive postings about the KX several months
ago--around February, as I recall.

The KX and K2 are been said to be the only K-series body built to SpotMatic
standards. If it could take the LX/MX screens, it would be my perfect
manual-exposure body.

The shutter release is so light that I sometimes take a shot when I didn't
intend to. But I'm willing to pay that price to get such a light touch.

The Ricoh XR-1 is quite similar in size, feel, specs, and operation, but
adds a split-prism diagonal rengefinder. The XR-2 and 2s add an
aperture-preferred autoexposure mode. However, on the Ricohs, the only way
to get MLU is to use the mechanical timer.

A light touch causes me to waste a number of shots on my Ricoh XR-2s, too,
by the way.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]