Hi,

Having been caught out a few times recently, I planned ahead
yesterday.  I was travelling north along the major route through
the UK and I knew that the British Motorcycle GP was on.

Having the loan of Dennis K's MS-s and 28-70 2.8 (of which more
in a later post) I was prepared for taking pictures of bikes we
overtook as my young, blonde (sigh) chauffeuse transported me
north at unfeasably high velocity.

So I was almost perfectly prepared to get two shots of the Range
Rover belching flames from every orifice on the other
carriageway as we crested a hill.  Sad sight.  I say almost as I
had set up to give a certain amount of blur, with quite a slow
shutter speed and there was no time to change anything.  In
fact, without AF I would have had no chance of getting anything
at all.  It will be interesting to see what comes out.  Apart
from smoke...

mike