I'm sort of ambivalent about lists.

Wedding photos fall into 3 categories, more or less:

- portraits (candid and formal)
- events (processional, ring exchange, etc.)
- still life (table arrangements, bouquets, etc)

If you have a list of every wedding shot in all these categories,
you're going to have a list of 200 shots and you'll have your head
buried in that list all day. You don't want to do that - you've been
to weddings (I hope) and you know more or less what's going to happen.
You need to be on your toes, ready to take those shots, and be ready
for unexpected things.

I have my clients tell me what formal shots they want, plus maybe 5
other shots they feel are very important to them. It might also be
good to list the still-lifes (still-lives?), so you can pick those up
during slack times. The other stuff you'll get just by being there and
paying attention.

The formals they list will include the really important family shots,
so we get those out of the way during "formal-time". The formal list
can be really helpful if there are any divorces among the
parents...you don't want to be figuring out what to do with the bitter
divorced father and his girlfriend while everyone is standing around
waiting for you. Once the reception starts I tell the bride, groom and
both sets of parents that they should feel free to grab me at any time
to do any other group shots they want - cousins, work buddies, etc. I
tell them this at least twice, and this almost always results in 5 or
6 informal group shots. Also during the reception you'll see the
family members you just shot hanging out in groups, and you might try
to get candids of these groups.

You should also make a point of shooting *anyone* who's really old.
Old folks don't go to parties except for family members.

Very rarely do my clients complain that I missed certain groups or
family members, and if they do I can point out that I gave them the
opportunity during the reception.

I used to give my clients a giant list to choose from, and invariably
they would check off 255 of the 260 shots on the list - completely
useless, I wouldn't even look at the thing.

JCO recommended getting a book, and I agree. Steve Sint's book is very
good.

tv