Hi, Amita,

Oooooooooo!

Letchworth State Park!  I've been camping there many times, and it's
gorgeous!  "The Grand Canyon of the North", it's sometimes called.  Of
course, it's not ~nearly~ as big, but it is quite lovely.  Bring your
hiking boots, 'cause there are lots of terrific trails going up and down
the gorge.  And, if memory serves correctly (haven't been there for about
10 years), there are three waterfalls along the gorge for some wonderful
photo ops (as if the gorge itself isn't enough).

And if you have the time or inclination, at one end of the Gorge, is the
town of Geneseo, which is very pretty.  Check it out if you have the
chance.

I didn't have a camera the times I went there, so I'm looking forward to
seeing your pics posted.

Sounds like you'll have a great weekend, with the balloon festival thrown
in there too!  Have fun.

regards,
frank

Amita Guha wrote:

> Heading up to Portville, NY tomorrow for a weekend with Nate's
> parents. We're going to the Wellsville balloon festival on Saturday
> and I hear that on Monday we're going to Letchworth State Park.
> Needless to say, I'm bringing a fair amount of gear with me. Yesterday
> I went to Adorama to buy eight rolls of Fuji Superia 200 and 400,
> which I had great results with last year.
>
> Catch you guys when I get back!
>
> --Amita
> -

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist fears it is true." -J. Robert
Oppenheimer