In a message dated 7/23/2002 12:28:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> It's been mentioned before that 100 ISO film pushed 1 stop should be shot
> at 320 ISO and that shooting it at 200 ISO is not a 1 stop push.  How valid
>
> is this?

A doubling of film speed is a one stop push. Rating ISO 100 film at ISO 200
is a one stop push, at ISO 400 it's a two stop push. This is the way I've
always understood it.

I found this, however, on the Kodak web site:

"With longer development times, such as those used in push processing, EI
values actually do increase, but only slightly. Underexpose a film by two
stops and give it a two-stop push, and the real film speed will typically
increase by perhaps a half stop. This means that the film is really
underexposed by only 1 ½ stops, not two stops. But it is underexposed. "

So, rating ISO 100 speed film at ISO 400 is only a 1 1/2 stop under exposure.
Hummm....

-Brendan MacRae