I found this, however, on the Kodak web site:

> "With longer development times, such as those used in push processing, EI
> values actually do increase, but only slightly. Underexpose a film by two
> stops and give it a two-stop push, and the real film speed will typically
> increase by perhaps a half stop. This means that the film is really
> underexposed by only 1 ½ stops, not two stops. But it is underexposed. "

Wheatfield Willie's been saying for some time that you can't push C-41.
I guess maybe he's right. Now I've definitively learned something.

E-6 can be pushed. If you take an ISO 100 transparency film and push it
two stops, some people prefer 320, others 400. It also varies by film. I
guess the 320 would give better shadow detail, which is decreased in
pushing because contrast increases.

Joe