-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of tom
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 1:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Curiosity.... B&W "Old School" films

Cuz they're sharper and have smaller grain.

Weird. . . The sharpness I acheived from the HP5 in Perceptol blows away any
Tmax that I've done in D76 or in Tmax but I there is obvious grain with the
HP5 vs the Tmax.. that I don't expect to change.  I'm going to have to try
Pan F for myself to see what happens with it.  Having never tried or had the
opportunity to try Agfa APX, I have nothing to compare it to. I have read
though that APX is no longer and the closest thing is Pan F exposed @ 25.

I've got 2 rolls of Delta 100 that I plan on developing in Perceptol as well
to achieve the finest grain.

I have a sneaking suspiscion that both the Kodak and Ilford films do not
take well to the others developers :-)  but I guess that's an obvious
statement.

Cheers,
Dave