A little late on this theme (work does sometimes get in the way!), but
FP4 used to be my standard film, usually developed in, first,
Microdol-X and then later on in Acutol.  Really fine grain with both,
better edge definition with Acutol.  I have a couple of prints I did
with the latter combination which are grain free at 16*20, and you can
see the mortar in between the bricks of a bridge in the middle
distance!

I did use Pan-F once or twice, but it was a little slow for every day
use in England.

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia

<SNIP>