No they are in fact caused by ringlights. Ringlights, especially large ones,
are very popular right now with fashion photography. I do own the af080C ring
flash and use it with 100 and 90 mm macros. They are very good for flowers,
insects etc. I enjoy mine and use it quite a bit. Wouldn't sell it for
anything. If that helps at all. The one you are looking at is newer and
offers a little more flexibility in modelling the lighting. I sometimes use a
secondary flash or a bounce card to add modelling....
Vic