Max wrote:
> Pål wrote:
> Huh? You don't find it promising that they will manufacture a digital slr
> that doesn't cost $7000?
> Their own words:
> > Additionally, the knowledge and experience we have gained through
> > development of the six-megapixel SLR concept will be used in developing
> > other SLR-type digital cameras, which we expect will be priced more
> > competitively, will address consumer needs more directly, and will be
> > brought to the market in a more timely manner.
>
> So what may we glean from all this:
> Forget a DSLR based on anything the opposition has.

Huh? I think it says the opposite. Make something more like what the competition have.
Nobody have a $7000 full frame digital slr so Pentax doesn't bother either. The Contax
is apparently a disaster anyway.

> Expect a radical new body with redesigned lenses to match.

Huh? I think it says that they will used the basic platform of the shelved 6Mp digital
slr.

> Don't expect it any time soon.

I believe it's  says that they will make sure that it is put to the market at a time
when it is competitive as opposed to a 6mp slr that cost three times as much as other
6mp slr. This could mean anytime.

> Don't expect it to be up to professional standards.

I don't think what the consumer wants means no professional standards. It means
something that sell because it is competitive.

Pål