From: "Pål Jensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: Need a new digital camera, what now?

> Max wrote:
> > Pål wrote:
> > Huh? You don't find it promising that they will manufacture a digital
slr
> > that doesn't cost $7000?
> > Their own words:
> > > Additionally, the knowledge and experience we have gained through
> > > development of the six-megapixel SLR concept will be used in
developing
> > > other SLR-type digital cameras, which we expect will be priced more
> > > competitively, will address consumer needs more directly, and will be
> > > brought to the market in a more timely manner.
> >
> > So what may we glean from all this:
> > Forget a DSLR based on anything the opposition has.
>

> Huh? I think it says the opposite. Make something more like what the
competition have. Nobody have a $7000 full frame digital slr so Pentax
doesn't bother either. The Contax is apparently a disaster anyway.

> > Expect a radical new body with redesigned lenses to match.
>

> Huh? I think it says that they will used the basic platform of the shelved
6Mp digital slr.

> > Don't expect it any time soon.
>

> I believe it's  says that they will make sure that it is put to the market
at a time when it is competitive as opposed to a 6mp slr that cost three
times as much as other 6mp slr. This could mean anytime.

> > Don't expect it to be up to professional standards.
>

> I don't think what the consumer wants means no professional standards. It
means something that sell because it is competitive.