Hi,

Firstly, thanks to all for the tips on the Leica. It turned out to have
a messed up shutter (1sec varied between 1 and 2 seconds, and above 125
the shutter didn't fully open). I'm waiting for a quote on a CLA before
I put my cash into it. Oh, and the lens had fungus.

Speaking of which, the shop had a lovely M50/1.4  (or maybe a K -- don't
know how to tell them apart, but it wasn't an A. Minimum focus was
0.48m, and there were 8 aperture blades - the casing felt like plastic
over metal). I had a quick try on their MZ-5n body and I was very
impressed.

I know these questions come up occasionally, so here are some answers to
look up in future:

- Auto-focus confirmation works (!!) - I was surprised at this, but I
suppose there's no reason why it wouldn't.
- The metering seems to work fine. I couldn't be entirely sure, but I
think spot and centre-weighted metering both work.
- The focus feel is fantastic ;-)

... so, why don't I have a nice 50/1.4 now? Well, it had not one but two
tiny fungal colonies.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these, or is the lens doomed forever?

--
Kristian

PS. The shop had actually received, and sold, a Contax N Digital, so
there must me some around somewhere. Price was €9500, but I think that
was with two zoom lenses. Can you imagine Pentax trying to get that kind
of money for a body?